Sunday 10 December 2017

Drawing on tables over brunch | Sip & Tuck Colchester

Last weekend, me and my boyfriend found ourselves in Colchester town after a lazy morning, looking for somewhere to get some lunch. I'd seen a new cafe pop up locally on Instagram called Sip and Tuck, and was quite keen to give it a try, as it looked right up my street!

Situated on the corner of Queen Street, and right opposite the Castle entrance to the park, it's nestled away in the quieter end of town. A nice break away from the hustle and bustle, especially at this time of year with all the crazed Christmas shoppers!


The interior is very 'hipster' and has a bit of a school sports vibe to it, with some tables and seating made from gymnastics equipment - I found out afterward that the flooring in the building is actually from the Stratford Olympic Park, how cool is that? So you can sit and eat all of the cake whilst thinking about all the great Olympic achievements that have been made on that very same flooring, must zero out the calories somehow, right?

Their selection of cakes and pastries is unreal!

The real point of excitement for me, though - being the big kid that I am - has to be the chalkboard tables! So as soon as we'd finished deciding on what to order, we set about drawing each other whilst we waited.

I'm one of those people that gets irrationally hangry - much to Lewis' delight! - so having a little pre-food activity was a great distraction, haha.  

I opted for a hot chocolate - with all the trimmings, obvs - and avocado & bacon on toast. Basic blogger alert. And you can just about see Lewis' little portrait of my face peeking through... let's just say, I don't think either of us will be getting into portraiture anytime soon. 

The food was delicious, served up really quickly, and the vibe in there was really nice and laid back - but cosy too. I'm seriously regretting not having a cake whilst we were there, but at least I've got another excuse to go back!

If you're in Colchester doing some Christmas shopping, or if you live locally, I'd highly recommend popping in for some lunch or even just tea and cake. Their breakfast menu looked delicious, and they also had a few decent Vegan options available too.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Looks like such a cool little cafe, and the chalk board tables add a lovely quirky touch! That cake does look super delicious too... xx

    hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a cute little idea, isn't it? :) x

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig